Tuesday, September 1, 2009

I'm so hungry I could eat a ...blog

Josh has recently taken up cooking as a hobby. I am very excited about this! Tonight he made chicken and rice with a Thai peanut sauce, The kids love Thai food so they were so excited when they sat down to eat. Immediately I could see from Jacey's face something wasn't right, but since she is SO picky I figured she just wasn't used to it. I encouraged her not to make faces and to eat what her Dad had made to her. I heard her say under her breath "It's just a little hard." (Meaning the chicken.) Then Jack loudly announced, "This chicken won't let me swallow it!"

2 comments:

Zakiya said...

jack's comment made me laugh out loud.

Anonymous said...

Hey, I take offense to that! Okay, not really...the chicken turned out so tough that we made up a song about why my chicken had the texture of shoes. It wasn't a prime time for me.