Friday, August 14, 2009

What's in my Bookblog? (or What am I reading right now?)


Decided to turn off Facebook for awhile and draw closer to the Lord. If you've read some of my previous blogs you know we are in the midst of a big transition. I am trying to use this time to make sure I have surrendered what I need to and that my life is quiet enough so I can hear His still small voice. So quickly my life fills up and then the quiet moments I do have I can spend them mindlessly clicking through the Internet.

Anyway, this is what I am reading right now...






Absolutely amazing devotional for the heavier times in life.


A man who lived by faith his entire adult life once he surrendered everything to God. Not only were all of his personal and family needs met, but he opened orphanages from the ground up with out ever asking for a penny (from man, he asked A LOT from GOD.) This book inspires me to go deeper in God's word and in prayer.


A really great book written by a man who's joy and hunger for the Lord inspires me to get creative and look at my obstacles as opportunities to see God glorified. I am also reading through Mark Batterson's other book Wild Goose Chase.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the book references! I am praying for you guys, as you go into this new season.