Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Who's the Blog?

Jackson said some funny things today expressing his discomfort with me being the mom and him being the 4 year old boy that must obey...
It started when he walked by me today and I overheard him mumbling, "Sometimes I wish I was the boss."
Then tonight he did not want to go to bed. I finally got stern with him and he began to cry giant, bitter tears. I asked him why he was crying and he said so pitifully, "because you always tell me what to do!"
Umm, yeah buddy. It's in my job description!


On a side note I always have the kids draw pictures of what I am reading to them from the Bible. It helps them to pay attention and gives them a visual to the Bible Story we are reading.
Yesterday we were reading from Matthew about loving our enemies.
Jack drew some mean boys. I told him to draw a heart around the boys because we have to love those who hurt us.
Jack said, "I am drawing myself."
I asked him what he was doing in the drawing, sure he was gonna say praying for them or loving them.
Instead he said, "I am punching them."
Most days all I can do is shake my head.

2 comments:

Ames said...

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

Melody said...

That's too funny. I keep saying that I need a support group for moms with violet toddlers. Mine is always protecting someone which always means stabbing or punching or killing someone else. I think it's quite a chore to teach the Bible stories that actually contain a lot of violence without perpetrating it.